As planned, today I added a bit more colour to the foreground water area as well as darker ripples where Flint had been splashing.
I tried to add him too (or a dog, at least) in a loose and impressionistic way, but didn’t get a very good outline – a bit like Chinese Painting, I was pretty much stuck with it as the indigo I used is quite staining and can’t be lifted out without leaving a shadow. Unfortunately it turned out a bit cartoon like.
For a two day experiment it was quite good fun, sometimes a bit frustrating too. I don’t think I have the patience to paint water well… or maybe I just haven’t found a good technique yet 🙂 Something new tomorrow!