I switched paintings today while I think what I’m going to do next with the blue flower… maybe it will be a restart :-P. In the meantime I went for the simpler option and played some more with the bright oranges.
At the end of the session I’m pleased with the way it’s going, although there were some breath holding moments while I was painting, and quite a lot of frowning at times. I was reminded why I stopped trying to master this loose style when I started to paint the leaves. I’m really bad at picking out shapes or creating negative ones, and I completely lost my way in the bottom left corner. I scrubbed it out and added a bit more and now I think I can almost see a leaf or two to bring out next time.
Now I think it probably just needs a few shadows and a bit more of a touch up in that bottom corner, and it’ll be done.