After yesterday’s warm up exercise of Bluebells got carried away I decided to try again with a more controlled approach. Rather than start freehand I made a very light sketch and masked out the Bluebell before painting the background.
I hoped this would allow me to produce something cleaner and less fussy, but the first attempt wasn’t very good and so I washed it off – there are leaves under the plant and while trying to put a suggestion of them in I ended up with a muddy mess by over painting while it was still too wet.
This is my next attempt, a bit better but still too dark for a first wash, I think. I might have to consider giving it a quick rinse again in the morning :-P.