So… my first order of the day is to find a plugin for daily backups! I was thinking about it in January, when I started this blog, and suddenly it’s three weeks later & I may have lost 24 days of writing. I was quite surprised how disappointed I felt at that possibility – it’s only a few minutes each day but over a few weeks it builds to a lot of work, and something I wouldn’t have been able to easily reproduce. By the way, Dad has been trying to get this into my brain since I was little and wanted to learn guitar (thanks Dad, maybe it’s finally sinking in :-)).
Anyway, drama averted, I spent yesterday afternoon adding more to the sunset and here’s the results. Things I learnt: masking fluid leaves a really hard line, & I shouldn’t have taken it right into the dark area – I actually softened the circle around the sun by lifting some colour out with a sponge. Also, the silhouettes turned out a bit motley because I had the paint too thick. Composition wise, perhaps I should have made the figure & dog smaller and made more of the sunset (that would also have made painting them easier!).