I finally gathered up enough courage today to spend some more time on my Turkmenian Eagle Owl study. I’ve found that it’s difficult to be loose with something so detailed, especially when the patterns of feathers are so delicate and precise.
Nevertheless I’ve tried to suggest rather than copying the patterns slavishly. Reasonably happy so far… except for the beak and chin area, which is a bit wrong somehow. I still have to work out what the problem is there. For the rest of his body I think it will work fine once there’s a bit more shading to suggest depth and perspective. Then I also need something for him to stand on 🙂