I found it quite hard to settle down to painting more of the Banksia flower… I was so pleased with the first stage that I didn’t want to carry on and chance losing that freshness, especially as I don’t know how I’m going to build it up from here.
I did however finally pick up a paint brush and started to darken the greenery nearest to the flower. I started off much too hesitant with no confidence in my strokes and the results looked unconvincing too. Fortunately as I just kept adding more, and sometimes taking it off again, it began to work better.
To me it’s looking a bit too much like a Christmas tree with a candle at the moment, but I suppose that’s not such a bad thing at this time of the year :-).