Today was our last Chinese Painting Class of the year and we had a little tea party for the class – herbal tea, very thin, crunchy sweet biscuits and dried banana and sweet potato pieces… it was very yummy.
As a result we didn’t have a lot of time left for painting and so decided to try another version of the Wisteria we started learning last week. I’m happier that my brush strokes aren’t nearly as dry as last week, almost too wet now in fact. You can see that some of the ones on the left have spread into the paper. The vine like branches are also hard to get right, they’re so tangled that you get lost trying to paint them! And I made a mistake trying to paint the stem before the petals had dried properly, I don’t think I was concentrating as much as I might have :-).