Unfortunately, despite a good washing and two days of further trying, I really don’t think this is getting any better… On Saturday I ran the painting under the cold tap trying to remove as much of the ‘black’ as possible before restarting, and today I’ve spent an hour or so more trying to save things.
I’m still not happy though, it’s all very scruffy, too many brush strokes, overworked… mind you I think I might have a better idea now which way to go next time. At least I hope so! I’m not sure yet whether to dive in and restart this straight away, or have a think about it. I have at least a day of grace anyway as it’s Chinese Painting tomorrow, and I think we’re starting a new landscape (joy), not my favourite genre as you know 😉 .