Here we are in week three already, and I haven’t shared my results from week two yet! Yes, I did actually manage to complete the task, even with a rickety right arm and while work is horrendously busy. Fortunately, I can just about hold a paint brush (and also type, after a fashion) so the only barriers are time and inspiration.
The first square I painted was a bit lacking in said inspiration – I find imaginary pieces really difficult and confronting. I’m determined to improve though, and this will only happen through practise. So I chose some colours and simply put the brush down, paint filled, to see what happened. The colours here are Quinachridone Purple and Bismuth Yellow, with a touch of Indigo for the suggestion of a silhouette skyline.
The second piece went a little easier, probably because I’d already done the worst part: getting started with no idea what to do! So, I was more relaxed with this one and felt happy to just watch the Pthahlo Blue run into the Bismuth Yellow and vice versa. Then I used a smaller brush to add some grassier strokes when it was slightly drier, and finished again with Indigo for darker, shadowy fronds.