The sun is shining! The past two days have been lovely and warm (after a small morning shower) and suddenly I feel more energetic 🙂
Yesterday I cut the grass, which was up to my knees, and dispatched three loads of washing before laying down a light sketch and soft first wash of a new practise piece taken from a photo of Jim’s niece at his brother’s wedding in June this year. Today I added the rich dark background with a mix of Ultramarine Blue, Alizarin Crimson and Burnt Umber. You can still see the strokes of the one inch brush I used, unfortunately, so I’ll have to see if I can blend it a bit better at some stage.
Mind you, I must remember this was started as a practise, it’s on the back of another experiment (I’m trying hard to think of a better description than failure 😉 ) and isn’t supposed to be for keeps. Loving it so far though… the paper is a big factor in this, it’s a sheet of Arches rough 300gms and it holds the water in a totally different way to the Bockingford I have been using, giving soft rich colours which move about easily on the surface.
I’m looking forward to seeing what tomorrow will bring…