Not very much progress today, perhaps I should have started something new to give my brain a rest but frankly I haven’t been very inspired today. I did spend half an hour tickling the sketch of foxgloves that I painted last week… I can’t really say it improved it, but it didn’t make it worse either :-).
Perhaps that should have been a hint to myself not to expect too much today… however, I was determined to do something. I’ve started to work forward into Arthur’s neck and head, first using Gold Ochre to pick out the tan areas followed by a mix of Burnt Umber and Paynes Grey to create the dark bits. Again I’m going to need to strengthen them, but I’d rather go in gentle stages than in one heavy wash and over do it.